Women of Hall Co. Government to help local Girl Scouts earn badge | News
GAINESVILLE, Ga. -- A group of women who are leaders in the Hall County Government will help local Girl Scouts earn a badge.
On Friday, the Hall County Girl Scouts will attend a program, where they will learn about their local government for their Citizenship badge.
Official Katie Crumley said Probate Judge Patty Walters Laine is the organizer of the program. She will lead the girls through a courthouse tour while teaching of compromise and meditation, along with the voting process. Other female officials will be there to help out.
"We'll have about 30 girls in second through 10th grades and 10 leaders coming to the Hall County Courthouse to learn about local, state and federal government symbols and to talk to our elected officials about what it means to be a public servant," Laine said.
As Crumley reported, Laine hopes to start making the program an annual event.
Upcoming Events near Flowery Branch
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suwanee Performing Arts' 2014 Broadway in the Park production
- Self-serve beer machines have humble beginnings in Suwanee, GA
- Salude bringing 70 jobs to Suwanee
- Veteran going through hard times gets a new home
- Firefighters freed a woman who got trapped after a tractor-trailer rolled on top of her vehicle.